A God and Service recipient should:
1. Have a minimum of 5 years of service to the church.
2. Have a minimum of 5 years of service (be fully trained and exhibit past and present leadership) in the
youth agency (BSA, GSUSA, CFUSA, AHG).
3. Encourage and assist young people in earning the P.R.A.Y. award.
4. Promote religious observances at youth agency functions at all levels.
5. Encourage youth to participate in community service projects.
6. Recruit volunteers to give leadership to national youth agency programs.
7. Promote the organization of youth agency units among churches other than his or her own congregation.
8. Be a person whose Christian example is highly regarded by others in the church and whose lifestyle is a
model for young people.
A Nomination Letter, and a form must be submitted to the PRAY organization that runs the God and Country series of awards.
There are several versions of this award, specific to particular denominations. All have the same requirements, but many denominations have a different appearance.
|Presbyterian Church (PC USA)|
|Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)|
|United Methodist Church|
There are several other denominations that use the God and Country Series of awards for youth, but use some other award than the God and Service Award. These include
Baptist - Good Shepard award
Church of Christ, Scientist - No Adult Award
Episcopal - Saint George Episcopal Award
Lutheran - Lamb Award, Servant of Youth Award
Moravian - The Order of David Zeisberger Award
Salvation Army - Scouter's Award