Monday, June 25, 2012

Brave

The 10th point of the scout law: A Scout is Brave.

A Scout can face danger although he is afraid. He has the courage to stand for what he thinks is right even if others laugh at him or threaten him.


Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?

Isaiah 41:13
For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

Matthew 5:10-12
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Bravery is not merely the ability to be calm in the face of danger, it is also the ability to stand fast in your beliefs when the world around you treats them with mockery and scorn. Your scouts will face this attack on their bravery many more times in their life than they might from a physical threat.

(P.S. Sorry, this post was supposed to go out on Sunday, with the rest of my Scout Law Series.)

No comments:

Post a Comment